Selecting the right chakra stone is essential to manifesting your goals and desires. Each crystal or gemstone has different qualities, including its color, energy, and how it resonates with you. This guide will help you understand the different chakra stones and how to select the best one for your needs.
- What are the different chakras
- How do healing crystals work?
- What are the different crystals for each chakra?
- Why is balancing your chakras important?
- How can I balance my chakras?
- How to know which chakra stone to use
- How to use chakra stones and crystals
- Chakra crystal jewelry
What Are the Different Chakras?
Hinduism, with the word itself being rooted in Sanskrit. Ancient people, including the Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans, used chakras and crystals in healing. Chakras are locations in the body where cosmic energy flows to empower your life and energize your spirit. The chakras help connect our physical, emotional, and spiritual sides and regulate our bodies. Although many aspects of healing crystals and chakra stones differ based on a person's interpretation, there are seven chakras that are universally accepted.
The 7 Chakras are:
- Crown chakra — violet
- Third eye chakra — indigo
- Throat chakra — blue
- Heart chakra — green
- Solar plexus chakra — yellow
- Sacral chakra — orange
- Root chakra — red
Each chakra is connected to a part of the body, a color, specific emotions, and even illnesses.
There are 5 parts to each chakra:
How Do Healing Crystals Work?
If you're new to the world of gemstones and crystals, you may be wondering whether all of this is even legitimate. Even those who have been using chakra stones for years sometimes find themselves wondering exactly how all of the science and "magic" happens.
The energy that crystals give off is similar to the energy that people give off. Our personality traits and life experiences create an energy or vibe that others connect with or repel. Healing crystals and gemstones are no different. Where a stone is found, how it is sourced and collected, and its composition creates specific energy that can connect it to different forces.
In case you're still a bit skeptical, think about the quartz watch. Watchmakers have used quartz in watches since 1969 because it creates a power that is accurate and long-lasting. Quartz creates an electric current when compressed, a process known as the Piezoelectric effect. This concept works the same way in our bodies as it does in a watch. When a chakra stone or crystal enters our energy field, our bodies' electrical impulses connect with the energy in the crystal.
What Are the Different Crystals for Each Chakra?
Each chakra is usually associated with several chakra stones. Because each stone has a specific energy, it's essential to understand your goal and the different powers within each chakra stone or gemstone to create the desired effect. Here is a breakdown of each chakra's different functions, its physical effects, and what chakra stones you should use for each.
Crown Chakra:The crown chakra's primary functions are spirituality, higher consciousness, knowledge, inspiration, understanding, and positive thoughts. The crown chakra has a physical effect on the cerebral cortex, pineal gland, brain, pituitary gland, central nervous system, and hypothalamus. To stimulate the crown chakra, use clear quartz, ametrine, amethyst, serpentine, selenite, and lodolite.
Third Eye Chakra:The third eye chakra's primary functions are insight, concentration, self-knowledge, intuition, and imagination. The third eye chakra has a physical effect on the eyes, the base of the skull, pituitary gland, biorhythms, and the brows. To impact the third eye chakra, use gemstones such as blue quartz, sodalite, azurite, amethyst, and black obsidian.
Throat Chakra:The main functions of the throat chakra are wisdom, self-expression, and communication. The throat chakra has a physical effect on the throat, mouth, shoulders, thyroid, neck, parathyroid gland, and ears. Use sodalite, blue quartz, aquamarine, blue tiger's eye, lapis lazuli, blue goldstone, and labradorite to stimulate the throat chakra.
Heart Chakra:The heart chakra impacts love, forgiveness, relationships, compassion, and feelings. This chakra has a physical effect on the heart, arms, lungs, hands, breasts, immune system, and thymus gland. To support the heart chakra, use amazonite, green quartz, rose quartz, emerald, jade, and aquamarine.
Solar Plexus Chakra:This chakra's primary functions are confidence, warmth, personal energy, laughter, power, and humor. The solar plexus has a physical effect on the pancreas, central nervous system, liver, digestive system, and metabolic system. Stimulate the solar plexus with chakra stones such as yellow quartz, amber, rutilated quartz, citrine, tiger's eye, yellow jasper, and ametrine.
Root Chakra:The main functions of the root chakra are stability, survival, instinct, grounding, and courage. It has a physical effect on the spine, reproductive organs, adrenal glands, and blood. To stimulate the root chakra, use red tiger's eye, hematite, black or red jasper, black tourmaline, garnet, and black onyx.
Why Is Balancing Your Chakras Important?
Imagine your body as a car and the tires are your chakras. If one tire is unbalanced, it can cause the other tires to wear unevenly. Unbalanced tires can cause additional and unnecessary wear and tear to your car and ultimately hurt your vehicle's overall performance.
Balancing your chakras can help keep your body, mind, and spirit working in harmony. When your chakras aren't balanced, it can lead to additional stress, anxiety, and even an increased risk of different diseases.
Balancing your chakras can have numerous benefits:
- Increase your mental focus
- Provide a stronger sense of connection
- Improve your self-esteem and self-confidence
- Allow you to communicate clearer
- Help you enforce healthy boundaries
- Support healthy relationships
- Keep you feeling safe and grounded
How Can I Balance My Chakras?
Using chakra stones to balance your energy is a journey rather than a destination. It's essential to regularly balance your chakras to maintain your overall health. There are many ways to maintain balance, both on your own and with a trained professional.
Using energy healing sessions such as acupressure, reiki, and acupuncture help improve the flow of energy within your body while also balancing your chakras. Many energy healing practices use chakra stones, crystals, and other gemstones to increase your energy, reduce stress, improve your overall health, and more.
You can balance your chakras through exercise as well. Practicing tai chi, yoga, and qi gong, either at home or with a professional, can help facilitate the energy flow, revitalize your body and soul, and unblock specific energies.
It's recommended to tap into the specific energies to balance individual chakras to have the biggest impact.
Balance Each Chakra:
- Crown Chakra: Take time to meditate
- Third Eye Chakra: Try guided imagery meditation, where you visualize a place where you feel calm and then use your senses to add additional details to the image as possible.
- Throat Chakra: Sing your favorite songs and allow yourself to relax.
- Heart Chakra: Practice self-love by placing your hands over your heart and expressing what you love about yourself.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: Avoid indecisiveness and make conscious decisions in line with your wants and needs.
- Sacral Chakra: Turn on your favorite music and dance. Feel a connection with your body.
- Root Chakra: Engage in an activity that brings you closer to nature.
How to Know Which Chakra Stone to Use
The goal of using crystals and gemstones is to open your body, mind, and spirit to different energies.
When choosing a chakra stone, think about three things:
- How does the stone feel?
- What aspect of the stone are you drawn to?
- Why do you think you need the stone?
Gemstones and crystals are powerful entities that can provide healing, comfort, assistance with making decisions, and emotional stability. Hold the stone and see how it connects with your spirit. Try to reach your inner feelings and listen when your mind responds.
If you are looking at a selection of crystals and gemstones, and one immediately catches your attention more than the rest, that may be your inner consciousness at play. Whether it's the beautiful color, the brilliance of the stone, or something you can't explain, chances are you are drawn to the gemstone for a reason.
Of the three questions to ask yourself when searching for the right crystal or gemstone to use as a chakra stone, examining why you believe you need the stone is the most important. If your goal is for aesthetics or home décor, you will probably choose a different stone than if you were looking for something to address a specific issue you're struggling with.
Common Uses for Crystals and the Best Gemstones for the Job
- Protection: If you're planning a trip or struggling with someone's negative energy at work, a healing crystal can be a good choice. Gemstones with protective properties include emerald, amethyst, moonstone, and black tourmaline
- Healing: The use of gemstones and crystals for healing has been around since the ancient Egyptians and can focus on emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical healing. Amethyst is known as a comprehensive healing stone, or you can target specific issues with gemstones such as smoky quartz, malachite, rose quartz, and turquoise.
- Decision making: Find confidence in your decisions on your love life, career, or education by using the guidance of certain gemstones. Crystals suggested for decision making include lapis lazuli, sapphire, charoite, and azurite.
- Negative energy: Instead of asking for protection against negative energy, use healing crystals to eliminate it while enhancing positive energy. The stone healers recommend for this process include amber, ruby, amethyst, and black tourmaline
- Lucid dreaming: For those who have never experienced a lucid dream, it involves the ability to control your actions in your dream. If you want to stimulate the occurrence of lucid dreaming, we recommend the tiger's eye, rainbow moonstone, and angel aura.
How to Use Chakra Stones and Crystals
Before using your crystals, it's essential to cleanse and recharge them. This practice is done before and after use and helps to increase the effects of the stone. There are many methods for cleansing and recharging, including placing them in water or saltwater, placing them in the sunlight for the day or moonlight overnight, and using sage to smudge them. Be careful when using salt water as it may damage some of the crystals. Always research whether or not saltwater is safe for your gemstone before use.
Once you've cleansed your crystals, it's time to put them into practice. Select the stone you want to use and place it on or near your body's specific chakra location. When holding the stone, focus your energy on your intention and the power within the crystal.
Although many people use them when lying down, it's also possible to use the crystal while seated or standing. You can also use healing crystals by wearing the gemstone as a piece of jewelry or holding it in your pocket.
Chakra Crystal Jewelry
Wearing gemstones and crystals as jewelry is a common practice worldwide. However, it's also an excellent way to remain closer to your chakras throughout the day. Make sure to select a gemstone that is in line with your overall energy or that has a specific intention. The power of the crystal works with the focus of your intention.
Select a piece of jewelry that doesn't interfere with the stone's healing power. Experts recommend neutral materials such as pure metals, leather, gold, and silver. You can wear the gemstone as a ring, necklace, earrings, or a bracelet, depending on your style and how you hope to activate the crystal. Using chakra stones as jewelry is a powerful way to connect them to your energy and a fantastic way to share your passion for gemstones with others.
No matter how you begin your journey with chakra stones, remember that the power to manifest your visions into reality is within you.